Get Ready For Winter Viruses
Flu and COVID-19 can both be life-threatening and spread more easily in winter, when we are all crowded together inside. Most adults and children will be eligible for a flu jab, COVID-19 booster, or both.
It’s the most effective way to boost our natural immunity and protect ourselves from these viruses. So, book your vaccine appointments now and BOOST your immunity this winter.
So it’s important to get your flu vaccine this year as well as your COVID-19 vaccines.
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to people who:
- are 50 and over (including those who'll be 50 by 31 March 2022)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
COVID-19 vaccines are available to anyone over 16 through the national booking service or walk-in spots. Boosters are also available for people over 50 or health and social care workers, as long as you are 182 days since your second dose. These have to be booked via the NHS website
Published: Jan 21, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.