We welcome all students to register at the practice. We have patients from all the surrounding Cambridge University Colleges and Anglia Ruskin University, as well as other higher education establishments. We are used to tailoring our healthcare to the unique demands of studying at Cambridge and are able to provide a holistic service by working with other medical and academic establishments that may be involved with your care. Please click here to find out why we feel it is important to register at a local GP surgery.
Practice services for students and younger people
Our practice provides comprehensive services to support you while studying in Cambridge. As well as routine clinical appointments with our GPs and practice nurses, we provide quick access appointments with our doctors, which would usually be on the same day.
When we are closed, please call NHS 111 for advice. This service will advise you on where to go to access healthcare or will arrange for the GP out of hours service to call you. Please do not go to A+E except in an absolute emergency.
Sexual health, contraception and unplanned pregnancy
We provide a non-judgemental service for all of your sexual health and contraceptive needs including the ability to fit contraceptive implants and coils.
In the event of an episode of unprotected intercourse, please contact the surgery, NHS 111, or your local pharmacist as soon as possible. Ideally this should be within 3 days but certainly no more than 5 days after the event - the earlier the better.
In the event of an unplanned pregnancy please come in to discuss the situation with one of our doctors to discuss your options.
In some circumstances it may be appropriate to see your college nurse in the first instance particularly for advice on minor illnesses and support in times of emotional distress. The college nurse will also be able to advise you on whether your college provides additional access to other health services such as physiotherapy or counselling (above and beyond that provided by the University and NHS).
Useful Student Links
- Choose Well: Support and advice for accessing the most appropriate source of treatment within the Cambridge health system
- Centre 33: Advice on mental health problems, substance abuse and sexual health problems
- NHS Choices: Information on NHS services and medical conditions
- Patient Info: Useful site for looking up information on medical conditions
- iCaSH: Sexual health services independent of your GP surgery
- Family Planning Association: Advice on types of contraception
- Drinksense: General advice on alcohol problems
- Ask Frank: Information on drug taking
- Gamble Aware: Links to support organisations for gambling problems
- Samaritans: A useful organisation in times of desperation
- NHS Psychological Support: Self referral for psychological support within the NHS
- University Counselling Service: Tailored mental health support for students provided by Cambridge University
- Nightline: Peer led support services for those with mental health problems
- Fit For Travel: Useful information when planning a trip abroad- please also see travel health page
- MIND: Support for university students
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.